The DDS – Digital Dentistry in Science magazine appeared in 2021 and is a publication of Editora Plena. The focus of the journal is publications in the area of Digital Dentistry – 1st edition – quarterly publication. The journal is registered under ISSN ??? .
One of our priorities is to publish quality materials. To ensure this, we follow the guidelines of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). It is expected that all employees involved in the editorial process, authors, editorial board members and editors fully follow the practices described by COPE. We highlight below the main points, however, we encourage the authors to visit the full version available on the website: https://publicationethics.org
The entire editorial board of the journal is formed by professionals trained and qualified in the area.
The Editor has the power and responsibility over which articles will or will not be accepted for publication in the journal. The Editor can count on the help and support of the adjunct editors and scientific advisors to evaluate the work.
The decision about the publication or not of an article should be made taking into account only its academic relevance and relevance to the readers of the journal, regardless of race, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, political opinion or link with the authors’ institutions.
If an ethical problem is discovered or suspected in any article, it is the responsibility of the publisher together with the editors to investigate the case.
In the case of unpublished articles, the publication is put on hold until the matter is resolved. If there is evidence to prove it, the article may be refused.
In the case of articles already published, the decision will be taken according to the seriousness of the subject, such as the publication of errata, retraction or, in more serious cases, the revocation of the publication.
All articles have an online version, available on the publisher’s website.
The journal is published quarterly.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF REVIEWERS
The analysis of the articles is done using the double-blind method. All articles received by the Editor must go through the analysis process. The Scientific Editor of the journal will choose two advisors specialized in the subject of the manuscript to perform the analysis. The referees do not have access to any information that may indicate the authorship of the articles. Counsellors should indicate if the article is suitable for publication, if corrections are necessary before publication, or if the article should be denied for publication. It is also the duty of the board members to clearly indicate what improvements are to be made to the article in the event of a correction, or what the reasons were for the refusal.
If, for any reason, the advisor is unable to perform the analysis, he or she must inform the Editor so that a new name can be indicated.
Counselors who encounter possible conflicts of interest must refuse their involvement in the analysis of the article, so that the manuscript is analyzed fairly and impartially.
The editors and employees involved in the editorial process are committed to maintaining the confidentiality of the materials received for evaluation. No material not yet published may be used for the own benefit of editors or advisors.
Editora Plena does not charge any fees for the submission or publication of articles. The entire editorial process is free of charge for the authors. At the end of the publication, the authors will receive 1 (one) copy of the journal in which the article was published.
Access to publications
DDS – Digital Dentistry in Science is a digital content journal, with open access.
The authors must guarantee that all the material involved is original, of their own authorship. All references used should be cited appropriately. In cases where any form of plagiarism is identified, the article will be promptly rejected and the appropriate measures will be taken.
When sending the article for evaluation, all the copyright of the article is transferred to the journal. It is not allowed to send the same material for appreciation of other journals/editors. After approval and publication, authorization from the publisher is required to replicate the material in other sources. In case of refusal of the article, the copyrights will be transferred again to the authors.
The authorship of the article should only be given to authors who had a significant role in the production of the manuscript. All authors should agree with the journal’s norms and sign the copyright term when submitting the article.
Conflict of interest
When submitting an article, authors should inform any financial assistance or conflict of interest that may exist. Any suspicion of an uninformed conflict of interest will be reported to the Editor of the journal and will be investigated.
If the authors identify any significant error in a work already published, it is their responsibility to contact the publisher, informing the error and the necessary corrections, so that the appropriate measures can be taken.
In order to provide an overview to the authors of the entire editorial process from the moment of submission, we describe here all the steps that the articles are submitted:
1. All papers must be submitted via e-mail: [email protected]
2. The secretariat receives the manuscript and verifies if it contains all the mandatory topics for submission. In case of lack of any topic, the article is returned to the authors for correction. The article will only be sent for analysis when all topics are complete.
3. The scientific editor selects 2 members of the editorial board to review the article. The double-blind system is used. All information about the authors is omitted, so that the advisors are not influenced in their analysis. Likewise, authors do not have access to the names of the board members responsible for the analysis of their articles.
4. If an advisor, for whatever reason, cannot perform the analysis, the editor will choose another member of the scientific council to perform it.
5. Once the advisor accepts the invitation to perform the analysis, he will have access to the content of the article and to a questionnaire, where he will be able to make observations about the work and choose whether the article should be accepted for publication, denied for publication, or whether correction is necessary before publication.
6. 6. The article must be approved by two board members for publication. In case of a positive and a negative response, a third board member will be consulted.
7. After approval of the article, it is forwarded for language review and standardization, image processing (where applicable) and layout.
8. Finally, the article is sent to the corresponding author for approval. The author receives a deadline to review and request modifications, or approve the final version of the manuscript for publication. At this stage the authors are also informed about the number of the edition in which the article will be published.
9. The Editorial Director and Scientific Director decide which articles will be published in each edition. After that, the selected material is diagrammed together for the color proof. The editorial team is responsible for reviewing the entire journal to ensure that everything is in accordance with the norms and within the layout of the same. Once the final version is approved, the journal is sent for printing.
For direct contact with the editorial department, please use the e-mail [email protected] or telephone (41) 99979-0468.